Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Etude House Play Nail 230 Swatch and Review

 Hey sweethearts! I promised you I'd talk to you guys again soon right? So hereI'm back with another swatch. I actually did a series of swatch in one night, trying to make use of my nail shape before I trim them back to square. 

This shape does look good, but it's kinda impractical. As I am typing this, my fingers had to be angled creatively so I'm comfortable typing on laptops :p

Anyway, Etude House went ahead and decided to put all of their nail polish in one collection; the Play Nail. As seasons change and they release another collection, the serial number marking the color would also be added. And here is number 230 from the Melting Summer Collection. Ever since I saw the promotional pictures of this one, I knew I had to have it! I'm a sucker for glitter crelly, I guess.

 Etude Play Nail 230 is an off white crelly (creme jelly) packed with round matte black glitter in various sizes. It absolutely looks like Oreo Ice Cream! Kinda reminds me of McDonald's McFlurry Oreo! Okay, now I'm hungry.



Swatches are 3 coats over OPI Nail Envy Original base coat, with topcoat on my ring finger and pinky. I wanted to show you how uneven the finish is without topcoat, which you can see on my pointer and middle finger.

Application was a breeze, which was kinda shocking, coming from Etude, because their polishes has a history of bad formulas. The consistency is a little thick due to the amount of glitter, but the base is pretty sheer so I did have to use 3 coats to reach opaqueness. I think 1 or 2 coats would suffice over a white base, though.

I bought this polish from my Korean supplier for IDR 45.000

Okay, I'm gonna stop here before I actually go straight to the nearest McDonalds to buy myself an oreo McFlurry, but I think I'll dream of eating a McFlurry tonight hahahaha

Do you have a tendency to buy crelly polishes like this? Would you buy this one? Comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment