Sunday, March 23, 2014

Etude House Play Nail 182 Review and Swatch


Hey dolls!
Today I'm back with another Korean nail polish to show you.
Last year, Etude House released a HUGE collection of nail polish in a line named 'Play Nails". The collection consists of colors already published, but bottled in a new packaging, and also some new colors.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a bunch of them through a Pre-Order system from Warxisister OS, because nobody in my country would stock the whole 190 colors! It costs IDR 43.000, if I'm not mistaken.

More after the jump!
Etude House Play Nails 182 is a navy blue jelly with medium and small hex silver glitters. Upon seeing the promotional pictures, I knew I had to get it! ;)

See the word 'G' in the label? I used google translate to find out that it's short for 'Glitter' which is the translation of that little korean under the 'G'.




The polish itself dries to a semi-texture finish that I don't like at all. In my opinion, if you want to make a texture polish, then do it. Don't do it halfheartedly. LOL. 
Anyway, I used 3 coats for this even though 2 coats would have been enough. The formula is a bit thick, but still workable. The glitters, however, tend to clump at the tip if you brush it over too much.

For these swatches I used a topcoat to smooth the weird texture.




 

And as a bonus, here's how it looks with 1 coat of OPI Matte topcoat over it. 

So, what do you think? Do you like it matte or glossy? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment